Sikkim is a state in northeast India, bordered by Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal. Part of the Himalayas, the area has a dramatic landscape that includes India’s highest mountain, 8,586m Kangchenjunga. Sikkim is also home to glaciers, alpine meadows and thousands of varieties of wildflowers. Steep paths lead to hilltop Buddhist monasteries such as Pemayangtse, which dates to the early 1700s.
Bagdogra/NJP - Darjeeling 93 km / 3 hours) Assistance at the airport/station on arrival and drive to Darjeeling. Overnight at hotel.
Early morning proceeds to visit –
* Tiger Hill to see the sun rise over Mount Everest,
* Ghoom Monastery &Batasia Loop.
* Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
* Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park (closed on Thursday).
* Tibetan Refugee Centre (closed on Sunday).
* Tenzing Rock.
* Gombu Rock.
* Tea Estate (from outside).
Overnight at the hotel.
Post breakfast proceed to Mirik&visit –
* Mirik Lake.
* Pashupati Market (Nepal Border)
Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Morning drive to Bagdogra/NJP in time for flight/train to onward destination.